Signatures are required on many documents over the course of your life. Whether you are buying a car, authorizing a medical release or completing any number of other tasks, you must sign legal documents that provide authorization to others. In fact, you may even need to sign a permission slip for the kids’ school field trip or have someone else sign off on a document for a church or charitable function that you are hosting. There are numerous instances when a signature is required, but it is no longer necessary to mail documents to the person or to meet with them in person. Instead, you can now use digital signatures with WordPress.
What Is a Digital Signature?
This is an electronic signature that requires the document to be in a digital format, such as a Microsoft Word or plain text document. Through a WordPress plugin, you can easily turn document content into a legally binding UETA/ESIGN compliant document that is ready to accept your signers initials or signature on the document in the appropriate areas. This serves the purpose of having an individually legally sign the documents in a fast, efficient way even when parties are located hundreds of miles apart. The person who creates the document simply sends a link to all parties who need to sign it that it is available for signatures. They go online to access, sign and initial the document. The entire process may be completed within just a few minutes regardless of the location of the individuals.
The Benefits of a Digital Signature
The use of digital signatures through WordPress is increasing popularity in the business world thanks to company’s like ApproveMe and their WordPress Digital Signature Plugin, but it also has applications in your personal life. Through technology, this is a secure and legally binding option available for you to use as needed. It eliminates travel time, is more cost-effective than meeting with individuals personally, is more convenient and offers numerous other benefits to all parties. When you use an electronic signature service provider for assistance with your signatures, you can create a document to send to others. You can also receive documents through an account linked to your email address.
While it was necessary at one time for parties to come together in a physical location to get documents signed or for documents to be couriered to the recipients, this is no longer the case. In fact, digital signatures with WordPress is truly changing many lives in a professional and personal setting. If you have not tried using electronic signatures yet, you may consider the benefits.
WP E-Signature’s features include:
• Audit Report – We include a detailed audit report with viewer details, IP addresses, document analytics, document ID# and signer history.
• Security and Encryption – Security is our top priority. All of your signed documents are kept hidden and encrypted on your server at all times, using a GUID encryption sequence and tamper-proof technology.
• Legally Binding – WP E-Signature is recognized in court. We are (UETA) and (ESIGN) compliant and adhere to some of the strictest document-signing policies in the U.S. and European Union.
• Automate Signing Documents – Tired of having to manually send out your NDA contract, Terms of Service, Employee Contract, Insurance Documents, etc.? Now you can automate the process with customizable add-on integration’s.
• No Monthly Fees – Paying monthly fees to sign documents is so 1999. You have full control over your data – it never leaves your server. Built exclusively for WordPress.